A portion of the profits from this site goes to the
Morris Animal Foundation and the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Foundation
for research on diseases of dogs.
So please bookmark this site and come back often
because you are helping contribute to research to better the lives of our best friends.
The items in this column are Amazon items and must be ordered from Amazon.
When you click on the item, you will be taken to the Amazon site to complete your purchase.
- by Brian Kilcommons, Sarah WilsonThe authors of "Good Owners, Great Dogs" provide the straight scoop on selecting the perfect dog for one's lifestyle and personality. Photos.
- by Daniel F. TortoraHow to Find the Perfect Match for You... Here is a systematic and enjoyable way to choose a dog. This highly informative and useful book will take the guesswork out of choosing a dog while leaving in the fun. It will tell you about more than 110 breeds and help you to select a dog compatible with your personality, family, and lifestyle. Choosing a dog can become easy and enjoyable as you l ... More
- by David AldertonThis big, handsome volume describes dogs of all sizes, shapes, traits, and personalities. Author David Alderton wants every prospective owner to find the very best dog to fit his or her own personality and lifestyle, and in this book he discusses breeds and their owners under the following categories:
* Absolute beginners * Family-friendly dogs * Good mixers
* Dogs for couch potato ... More
- by Chris WalkowiczGetting a dog is more like getting married than it is like buying a new car or lawnmower--it's a melding of spirits and a lifetime commitment. So, before you take the leap, you'd better make sure that your choice is based on more than a nice smile and a lively tail. And with more than 400 breeds to choose from, it shouldn't be too hard to find the right canine companion for you. Looking for a fun- ... More
- by N. BaerIs a Springer Spaniel too high-strung for an apartment? Is a Golden Retriever the best choice for a family with young children? This easy-to-use, A-Z guide profiles the behaviors of all breeds recognized by the AKC, as well as a cross-section of mixed breeds. The authors also discuss how to choose the right breeder, how to select a puppy and prepare for its homecoming, and more. Line art.
- by American Kennel ClubFor more than seventy-five years, The Complete Dog Book has been the premier reference on purebred dogs. Now in its twentieth edition, this treasured guide is an essential volume for every dog owner and owner-to-be.
Comprehensive and thoughtfully organized, The Complete Dog Book features all 153 breeds recognized by the American Kennel Club, the official breed standards, breed histories, an ... More
- by American Kennel ClubMeet the Breeds will detail all of the American Kennel Club recognized dog breeds, including information about each breed's history, breed standards, appearance, and temperament. At 216 pages, this comprehensive dog breed guide will dedicate one page to each breed, with AKC approved puppy and adulthood photos of each breed to help the reader recognize the dogs more easily. BowTie Press is working ... More
- "Teacup Puppies and Dogs: Choosing a Breeder and Choosing a Dog" is the only book about teacup puppies written by a certified dog trainer and behavior consultant. Selecting the right puppy or dog is more than just choosing your puppy dog from a cute photo. But once you know what to look for, it’s much easier.
This book is your blueprint to finding the best teacup pu ... More
- Would you like to know how to prepare for your new teacup puppy or dog, get the right supplies for him or her, and what to do during its first week home? "Teacup Puppies & Dogs: Supplies, Pre-Puppy Prep & First Week Home" walks you through how to prepare for your puppy the right way and gives you the answers to the important questions and challenges every puppy or dog new own ... More