A portion of the profits from this site goes to the
Morris Animal Foundation and the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Foundation
for research on diseases of dogs.
So please bookmark this site and come back often
because you are helping contribute to research to better the lives of our best friends.
The items in this column are Amazon items and must be ordered from Amazon.
When you click on the item, you will be taken to the Amazon site to complete your purchase.
- by Dr. Ian BillinghurstThis third book from Dr. Ian Billinghurst was written to help pet owners either understand or expand their knowledge of evolutionary diets for both dogs and cats. It contains important background research from his first two books together with lots of new information. Experienced "BARFers" will benefit from a number of new suggested recipes and practical information to assist in the home productio ... More
- by Liz PalikaThe 2007 pet food recalls followed a multitude of pets getting sick and dying from contaminated food; now pet owners must take charge of what they feed their dogs and cats. With The Ultimate Pet Food Guide, veteran dog trainer, behaviorist, and author Liz Palika focuses on nutritional needs and covers every type of feeding, including controversial raw diets, homemade cooked food, and commer ... More
- by Ian BillinghurstDr. Billinghurst's most important piece of writing is the book Give Your Dog a Bone. Because cats and dogs have different food requirements, (cats are obligate carnivores while dogs are omnivores with a carnivorous background), he decided they each needed their own book, and that he would write the dog book first. Thus was born Give Your Dog a Bone. This book was launched at a 3 day Bichon Frise c ... More
- by Kymythy Schultze"In these pages, Kymythy Schultze has provided an excellent nutritional text to help us build a healthier life for our animal friends". (Dr. Stephen R. Blake, Jr., D.V.M.). "[This book is] an excellent starting point for us all. Its pages are filled with helpful hints, good advice and most important, logic and common sense". (Dr. Bruce W. Cauble, D.V.M.).
- Dr Stuart has been a "nutrition first" veterinarian for almost 50 years.During those years, he became aware that by simply applying certain proper feeding techniques, average life span of your pet can be extended by 2 to 3 years and the pets medical expenses are greatly reduced. This book is motivated by his wish to leave a valuable legacy to all pet owners.