Dog Anatomy and Physiology
Books, Videos and Supplies
A portion of the profits from this site goes to the
Morris Animal Foundation and the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Foundation
for research on diseases of dogs.
So please bookmark this site and come back often
because you are helping contribute to research to better the lives of our best friends.
The items in this column are Amazon items and must be ordered from Amazon.
When you click on the item, you will be taken to the Amazon site to complete your purchase.
- by Robert A. Kainer, Thomas O. McCrackenVeterinarians, vet techs, dog breeders, trainers, and show judges will greatly benefit from this canine anatomy coloring atlas. Essential anatomic and physiologic concepts are explained and some diseases common the region being studied are discussed. The title includes 195 black and white line drawings that allow readers to color the drawings of the anatomical structures. This do it yourself form ... More
- by SaundersSaunders Veterinary Anatomy Coloring Book includes approximately 300 illustrations to study and color. The coloring book helps you memorize the anatomy content you need to know in both veterinary medicine and veterinary technology and gives you a fun way to review the information you have studied. All illustrations in the book are suitable for coloring and are of the highest quality, created by ex ... More
- by Kerstin MielkeA comprehensive manual explaining the workings of dog bodies in a concise and well structured way that is accessible to all pet owners Many dog owners are fascinated not only by the coloring and character of their dog, but also by their physique and harmonious movements and this guide is for pet owners who want to find out more about how their dog's body works and functions. Special ... More
- by McDowell LyonStudy the dog from the inside-out. Written in 1950, The Dog In Action was the first book to thoroughly analyze, illustrate and explain the under-the-skin workings of the dog. Whether looking a Pom or Pointer, McDowell Lyon showed the dog breeder, fancier and judge that the principles of movement applied to all. The Dog In Action has inspired generations of dog breeders and judges to watch more car ... More
- by Rachel Page ElliottThe new edition completely revises, updates and expands this classic work. Mrs. Elliott brings us the newest authoritative knowledge on gait, based upon her further work at Harvard University Museum of Comparative Zoology. It is a book for all dog owners.
- by Curtis M. BrownA classic on the subject of canine locomotion! Contents: Basics of locomotion at dog shows, desirable structures for locomotion, gaits of dogs, source of power for locomotion, locomotion and its dynamics, sustained trotting style, trotting style of breeds designed for galloping, trot of special purpose breeds. Well illustrated with line drawings and black & white photos. Should be in every serious ... More
- by Dr. Richard Palmquist DVMFrom the co-author of Integrating Complementary Medicine into Veterinary Practice comes a plainspoken wellness guide that talks intimately about a new approach to veterinary medicine. In Releasing Your Pet's Hidden Health Potential, national consultant and research chair of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association Dr. Palmquist introduces readers to a variety of therapies to improved p ... More