Books, Videos and Supplies
A portion of the profits from this site goes to the
Morris Animal Foundation and the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Foundation
for research on diseases of dogs.
So please bookmark this site and come back often
because you are helping contribute to research to better the lives of our best friends.
The items in this column are Amazon items and must be ordered from Amazon.
When you click on the item, you will be taken to the Amazon site to complete your purchase.
- by Patricia B. McConnellThe Other End of the Leash shares a revolutionary, new perspective on our relationship with dogs, focusing on our behavior in comparison with that of dogs. An applied animal behaviorist and dog trainer with more than twenty years experience, Dr. Patricia McConnell looks at humans as just another interesting species, and muses about why we behave the way we do around our dogs, how dog ... More
- by Darlene ArdenSmall dogs can bring big rewards!Small dogs are charming, intelligent, and loving, but they can also be overly energetic, manipulative, and stubborn. How do you ensure that your little dog becomes a fun, feisty best friend rather than a tiny terror?Small Dogs, Big Hearts is an updated and expanded edition of the classic The Irrepressible Toy Dog. It features the very latest, safest, and fastest tr ... More
- by Deborah WoodAs a small dog owner, you have probably come to realize that little dogs have special needs that require training techniques specifically formulated for their small statures and distinctive personalities. Little Dogs: Training Your Pint-Sized Companion offers gentle, positive, and extraordinarily effective solutions to many of the most common challenges facing small dogs and their owners today. ... More
- by Dan Rice D.V.M.The pocket-sized pooch makes an ideal household companion, especially for apartment dwellers or others who must keep a pet that will adapt to a confined space. However, author Dan Rice stresses that different small breeds have different personalities--a fact that should be kept in mind when prospective owners are first acquiring their canine pet. If the animal's and owner's lifestyles fail to matc ... More
- by Deborah WoodDoes your little dog seem to have boundless energy? Are you searching for new ways to not only keep your vivacious small friend entertained but also avoid destructive behavior and encourage healthy habits? The Little Dogs' Activity Book provides dozens of ideas on how to get active with small dogs (defined as those weighing less than 20 pounds) both inside and outside the home, to all ... More
- The Everything Chihuahua Book: A Complete Guide to Raising, Training, And Caring for Your Chihuahua (Everything: Pets)by Joan Hustace WalkerChihuahuas are no longer found just on the arms of celebrities and in television commercials; the entire country has fallen in love with their loving nature and loyalty! Whether you're looking for a Chihuahua of your own or already own one, The Everything Chihuahua Book is your definitive guide to all aspects of Chihuahua ownership. Authored by renowned pet writer Joan Hustace Walker, this all-inc ... More
- The Ultimate Yorkshire Terrier Book: Guide to Caring, Raising, Training, Breeding, Whelping, Feeding and Loving a Yorkieby Patricia O'GradyThe name of this book really says it all; it is the ULTIMATE book for anyone that is thinking about purchasing or already has the pleasure of sharing their love with a Yorkshire terrier. The author is not only a Yorkie owner, but also a breeder who showed and raised champions for over 25 years. This book contains all the information that you will ever need to know about Yorkies including: Detailed ... More
- by Carolyn McCrayPups in Tea Cups: Tales of Littleness Overcoming Big Odds!
Heartwarming stories about man's tiniest friends!
- by Tracy Barr, Peter F. VelingSo you want to adopt or are thinking about adopting a Yorkshire Terrier. The 6th most popular dog in the U.S., Yorkies are energetic, playful, and loving companions--and they're cute as a button! But it's wise to know enough about the breed to determine whether or not a Yorkie is the right dog for you. This fun, friendly guide helps you decide if a Yorkie suits your lifestyle and gives you exp ... More
- by Darlene ArdenAlmost 38% of all dogs in the U.S. are small dogs. This book follows the Toy dog from neonate to old companion, looking at the importance of training and socialization, housebreaking problems, special nutrition needs and more. A very thorough chapter on health care examines problems unique to Toys, including unhealthy knees, bad teeth and special anesthesia risks. --Foreword by Betty White
- by by Darlene Arden
- by Dawn Antoniak-mitchellTrain a terrier!? It can be done but...
All kinds of dogs have a number of hard-wired traits bred into them. Hounds love to follow their noses, Retrievers love to fetch and Herding dogs love to herd. With few exceptions, these are pretty harmless activities and don t stand in the way of training. Terriers, however, were bred to hunt and kill vermin independently, digging underground and barking ... More
- "Teacup Puppies and Dogs: Choosing a Breeder and Choosing a Dog" is the only book about teacup puppies written by a certified dog trainer and behavior consultant. Selecting the right puppy or dog is more than just choosing your puppy dog from a cute photo. But once you know what to look for, it’s much easier.
This book is your blueprint to finding the best teacup pu ... More
- by Grand Central Publishing
- Would you like to know how to prepare for your new teacup puppy or dog, get the right supplies for him or her, and what to do during its first week home? "Teacup Puppies & Dogs: Supplies, Pre-Puppy Prep & First Week Home" walks you through how to prepare for your puppy the right way and gives you the answers to the important questions and challenges every puppy or dog new own ... More
- Would you like to know about feeding your teacup puppy or dog, their care and safety, and how to keep teacup puppies and dogs healthy? "Teacup Puppies and Dogs: Feeding, Care and Safety, Health & Grooming" gives you the answers to important questions and challenges every puppy purchaser faces, including:
* How, when, and what should I feed my teacup puppy or dog?
- Teacup dogs and puppies are dogs – just because they’re tiny doesn’t mean they don’t need training! Would you like to have a dog that comes when you call or a dog that runs into the street? Obedience training gives your dog a framework so he knows what’s expected of him and so you can communicate with him effectively – he needs to know how to stay out of ... More
- Would you like to have a dog that is confident and secure no matter where he is, or would you like to have a dog that is a nervous wreck when you leave him alone? Would you like a dog that’s potty trained so you will not be embarrassed about his behavior? Are you frustrated because you’ve tried everything and it doesn’t seem to be working?
Then "Teacup Puppi ... More
- by Ballantine Books
- by Howell Book HouseSmall dogs can bring big rewards!Small dogs are charming, intelligent, and loving, but they can also be overly energetic, manipulative, and stubborn. How do you ensure that your little dog becomes a fun, feisty best friend rather than a tiny terror?Small Dogs, Big Hearts is an updated and expanded edition of the classic The Irrepressible Toy Dog. It features the very latest, safest, and fastest tr ... More
- by DogwiseTraining a small dog is different! This book is the result of experimenting and improvising, making mistakes and learning from them. Book is written so you can do most, if not all, of the teaching and training yourself, only joining a class for the experience of working your dog with other trained dogs prior to competition. Topics include: can a small dog be competitive, puppy and pre-training, tr ... More
- by Howell Book HouseAlmost 38% of all dogs in the U.S. are small dogs. This book follows the Toy dog from neonate to old companion, looking at the importance of training and socialization, housebreaking problems, special nutrition needs and more. A very thorough chapter on health care examines problems unique to Toys, including unhealthy knees, bad teeth and special anesthesia risks. --Foreword by Betty White
- by Dogwise Publishing
Toys - Treat/Puzzle
- by PetstagesOccupi is the smart chew toy. Toys can help keep your dog engaged and eliminate behavioral problems. Treats can further enhance a dog's motivation and interest. Finally, a toy and treat combination that helps address many of the behavioral challenges your dog may exhibit at various ages. Using an Occupi toy with the appropriate Occupi treat you can keep your pet happy, busy and entertained. Perfec ... More
- by JW PetThe Hol-ee Roller Small is a malleable, do-it-all natural rubber ball with hexagon cut outs. One of our top-selling toys. This ball is super durable and super stretchy. It is a fantastic treat ball when stuffed with pig ears, rawhide or your dogs favorite toy. Wonderful training aid and virtually indestructible this versatile toy can be used for fetch, tug, chewing, teething, and more. This size i ... More
- by The Company Of AnimalsThe nina ottosson treat maze is a brigtly colored fun interactive treat dispenser that is great for occupying and stimulating cats and dogs of all ages and sizes. Hidden inside the toy is a complex maze structure thought which the treats need to pass.
- by The Company of AnimalsThe Nina Ottosson Treat Maze is a brightly colored, fun and interactive treat dispenser that is great for occupying and stimulating small to medium dogs of all ages. Also great for cats.
nFill with treats or dry food.
nMade from tough, durable plastic.
Crates - Plastic
- by Petmate
- by Premier PetDirectstop animal deterrent spray. Revolutionary citronella formula interrupts attacks by surprising and distracting animals with a powerful and unusual scent, giving the user valuable time to move to a safe place. Highly effective for dealing with low to medium level aggression, both inter-dog and dog-to-human. Easily fits into the pockets of joggers, dog walkers and family members who enjoy taki ... More
Dog Beds & Furniture
- by PetmateWrap your pet in comfort, warmth, and style. The Burrow Bed appeals to the nesting instinct of small dogs, cats and ferrets. Provides insulation from cold, hard floors.
- by PetmateThe Puffy Round Bed is reversible with a micro suede fabric on one side and a micro terry fabric on the other. It is filled with comfortable poly fiber fill and is machine washable.
- by Precision PetThe "Original" SnooZZy pet bed from Precision Pet offers a versatile bed that your pet will love. It is constructed from luxurious acrylic fleece for a comfortable surface. Pets love them in crates, carriers, dog houses, SUV's or anywhere.
- by O'DonnellSnoozer® Red Poly Cotton/Sherpa Cozy Cave Dog Bed Small: 25 Great for burrowing dogs Machine washable/dryable cover Zippered inner liner
Toys - Misc
- by ZaniesThis prepack dog toys are creative combinations of individually-labeled latex toys to help you make impulse gift sales and boost your holiday profits. Contains 6 multi-colored disc toys with varying facial expressions. Includes a squeaker and a hangtag for easy display. Made from 100 percent latex in colorful, fun shape. Comes in small pre-pack and 2-1/4-inch size. Measures 6-1/2-inch length by 4- ... More
Toys - Squeaky
- by PetstagesPlay toy with chain of squeak balls for extreme sound appeal
- by KongFun and bouncy tennis ball dog toy constructed from non-abrasive tennis ball fabric that will not wear down dog's teeth. All squeaker units are recessed in rubber and covered with tennis ball fabric for safety. This high floating toy is perfect for all dogs that love to fetch. Recommended for extra small breeds only.
- by KyjenReplacement Egg pack for Kyjen's Egg Babies puzzle plush dog toys. Contains 3 eggs with squeakers in them.
- by PetEdge Dealer Services*Bungee geckos dog toy offer lots of tossing and tugging fun. These lively plush lizards will brighten up any display and help you reel in the profits. Bungee gecko is made of durable plush. Available in purple color. It contains two squeakers, one in the head and one in the tail for double the fun. Toy measures 16-inch toy has a bungee body that stretches to a full 24-inch.
- by Kong CompanyFun and bouncy birthday tennis ball dog toy will make any dog's birthday a hit. Constructed from non-abrasive tennis ball fabric that will not wear down dog's teeth. All squeaker units are recessed in rubber and covered with tennis ball fabric for safety. KONG Air Dog Squeakair Birthday Balls will make any dog's birthday a hit. These colorful versions of our popular Medium Air Dog Squeakair Tennis ... More
Toys - Chew
- Choose the right Nylabone with this 3-step process Determine Your Dog's Size and Chewing Style It is important that you get to know a dog’s chewing style and to select the appropriate type of chew and the proper size and formulation based on age, breed, chewing style and weight. Puppies – Use Nylabone puppy-specific products until permanent adult teeth start to develop. Products to ... More
- by GoughnutsThe original GoughNuts toy was designed to address the simple but serious issue of SAFETY. The GoughNuts chew toys are designed knowing that safety and fun go hand in hand. Each GoughNuts pet toy has included in it's design the GoughNuts patented safety indicator where Green means "GoughNuts" and Red means "Stop".
- by PetEdge Dealer Services*Lightweight, breathable mesh dog harnesses features adjustable chest strap for an easy fit, quick-release plastic buckle and nickel-plated d-ring for leash attachment. Available in blue color. Small harness fits 12-17-inch chest and measures 6-inch length by 1-inch height by 3-inch width.
- by PuppiaThe Puppia Soft Dotty Dog Harness is made of a soft air-mesh material which is very comfortable on your dogs neck. It can be sized with its resizable chest belt to fit comfortably on your dog. Easy snap on and off. The Puppia Soft Dog Harness is a real winner for comfort and is a best seller for your dogs.
- Blueberry Pet Dog Collar Leash Harness Classic Solid 3/8" X-Small Basic Polyester Nylon Dog Collar for Small Puppy Made For Last - Medium Turquoiseby Blueberry PetInspired by the warm weather, Blueberry Pet's new classic collection is perfect for everyday wear. Elegant and simple, this Medium Turquoise collar is made to show off your dog's unique style all year long. With the heavy duty buckles and D-ring, this durable dog collar is made to last long. This product is available in 6 colors: Royal Blue, Dark Orchid, Neon Green, Florence Orange, Medium Turquoi ... More
- by Zuke'sProduct Details Ingredients Chicken, Potatoes, Maple Syrup, Garlic Powder, Salt, Phosphoric Acid, Rosemary, Turmeric, Sage, Sorbic Acid (a preservative), Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols. Guaranteed Analysis Crude Protein – 30% minCrude Fat – 8%Crude Fiber – 3%Moisture – 30% maxCalories – approximately 65 per filet Product Description Why Grain Free Zuke's Z-File ... More
- by Zuke'sProduct Details Ingredients Chicken, Ground Rice, Ground Barley, Malted Barley, Gelatin, Vegetable Glycerin, Tapioca, Natural Flavors, Cherries, Sunflower Oil, Lecithin, Salt, Phosphoric Acid, Rosemary, Turmeric, Sorbic Acid (a preservative), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Mixed Tocopherols. Guaranteed Analysis Crude Protein – 15% minCrude Fat – 8%Crude Fiber – 2%Moisture &nda ... More
- by Zuke'sMini Bakes are the crunchy, delicious, fun to feed miniature biscuit that are perfect for training and frequent feeding frenzies. Each health-a-licous flavor begins with ground oats, never wheat or corn enhanced with a scrumptious protein source, plus a nutritious whole-food flavor addition like blueberries, potatoes or cherries.
- by MerrickSofter textured treat and is easier to break into multiple treats to reward your dog.
- by Midwest Homes For Pets
- by Tfh/NylaboneChoose the right Nylabone with this 3-step process Determine Your Dog's Size and Chewing Style It is important that you get to know a dog’s chewing style and to select the appropriate type of chew and the proper size and formulation based on age, breed, chewing style and weight. Puppies – Use Nylabone puppy-specific products until permanent adult teeth start to develop. Products to ... More
- by NylaboneChoose the right Nylabone with this 3-step process Determine Your Dog's Size and Chewing Style It is important that you get to know a dog’s chewing style and to select the appropriate type of chew and the proper size and formulation based on age, breed, chewing style and weight. Puppies – Use Nylabone puppy-specific products until permanent adult teeth start to develop. Products to ... More
- by PremierThe Waggle is a treat dispensing rubber puppy toy with a super flexible middle that can be playfully wagged back and forth during playtime. The Treat Meter randomly dispenses treats from compressible balls on either end of the toy to motivate puppies to play longer. The prongs of the Treat Meter may be trimmed to dispense treats more quickly. Not recommended for dogs over 6 months. Soft/medium che ... More
- Puppy Teething Keysâ„¢ (Small): Puppy Teething Keys are specifically designed for teething puppies to encourage non-destructive chewing. Not recommended for dogs with any adult teeth.
- by Petstages, Inc
Orka Jack - Small The Orka Jack - small provides hours of chewing pleasure for your dog!
Product Features Perfectly sized for small to mid-size breeds Durable material designed to stand up to tough chewers Multiple textures to add interest and massage gums when chewed It bounces & floats! Appealing “chewy” feel helps satisfy urge to chew Ends can be filled ... More
- by Premier
- by Ethical Pet Products (Spot)
Toys Small Dog
- by HARTZFeel the difference with Dura Play natural latex toys. Each toy features the power play core, a unique foam technology that enhances durability and provides an unmatched chew experience. Fun to throw and bounce, Dura Play toys even float.
- by Premier-Pet-Products
- by PremierExtra or replacement remote control for the MannersMinder or Treat & Train Dog Training Systems. Very handy since the machines won't work without the remote!
- by Gary WilkesThis is your passport to dog obedience without force. Animal behaviorist and trainer Gary Wilkes will show you this innovative method of shaping behaviors with positive reinforcement.
- by Green Seal ProductsThe ULTIMATE Bacon Spray for ANY dry dog food! It is easy and convenient to use, no mess, no mushy dog food like you get with some water-based flavor enhancement products. Made from USA-sourced ingredients and seed-derived natural oils. A proprietary blend of food-grade bacon flavoring and three human-grade oils rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, along with Vitamin E. Omega 3 & 6 polyunsatur ... More
- by Green Seal ProductsBacon flavored dog food dressing and flavor enhancer. Made with a natural flavoring that dogs love. Great for the picky eater! All natural ingredients, no water added. No artificial preservatives, no colorants, no thickeners and no synthetic ingredients of any kind. Only 13.3 calories per serving!
- by Green Seal ProductsBacon flavored dog food dressing in a convenient and easy to use spray bottle. Adds a delicious bacon flavor and aroma to dry dog food. Adds 150 mg of Omega 3 to your dog's diet daily.Made with a natural flavoring that dogs love. Great for the picky eater! All natural ingredients, no water added. No artificial preservatives, no colorants, no thickeners and no synthetic ingredients of any kind. Onl ... More
- by Green Seal ProductsAll natural dog food enhancer. Made in the USA. Made with human grade food ingredients. Does not contain any artificial ingredients. Healthy for your dog, contributes 150 mg of ALA Omega 3 to your dogs daily diet. Gives you precise control of the application of the dog food topper to the dry dog food. Safe for diabetic dog food. Does not contain protein, sodium or potassium.